Who Will Benefit Most from the New Canadian Policy?

With low life pressure and a beautiful environment, Canada has always been an immigration destination for Hong Kong people. Recently, Canada stated that it will introduce a new policy. Hong Kong citizens who have graduated from colleges in the past five years can apply for a three-year Canadian work visa, making it easier to apply for permanent residence. The Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship of Canada, Marco Mendicino, announced that the authorities will introduce a number of convenient measures, including the provision of new work visas, and relaxation of the channels for Hong Kong residents to obtain permanent residence, aiming to use young and highly educated people as Target, attract Hong Kong people to develop locally.

Relaxation of work visas and student visas, new ways to apply for permanent residents

The Canadian authorities plan to launch a permanent residency path for Hong Kong people who have graduated from colleges in the past five years next year. The tentative application requirements are one year of Canadian work experience, academic qualifications and language proficiency requirements. The authorities also stated that more Hong Kong people have applied to study in Canada this year. In the future, it will speed up the processing of student visa applications for Hong Kong students and provide them with a special way to apply for permanent residence.

Generally speaking, it is best to apply for a student visa before the age of 35. Applicants need to study full-time in Canadian higher education for two years and can receive a work visa for up to three years after graduation. After working in Canada for 1 to 2 years, you can apply for the Canada Experience Class Program (Canada Experience Class Program) to obtain permanent residency status.

▲Canada announces the launch of new work visas, and relaxes the channels for Hong Kong people to obtain permanent residence, and attracts young and highly educated people to the local area for development.

In addition, the relevant departments will also expedite the processing of applications for permanent residence by Hong Kong people, including applications for spouses, partners and children to reunite in Canada, etc., to encourage Hong Kong people to study or work in Canada. As for Hong Kong residents who are currently applying for temporary residency in Canada to extend their stay, they will be temporarily exempted from the application fee.

Immigrate to Canada through the Provincial Nominee Program

In fact, Canada also has the “Provincial Nominee Program” (PNP). As long as you study and work there, you can apply for permanent resident status through this program. Take the 80 Hougang father Akon as an example. He believes that education in Manitoba is easier and that children can study in a stress-free environment. Therefore, three years ago he planned to immigrate with his family to Manitoba, the eighth-largest city in Canada. City of Winnipeg (Winnipeg). Taking into account school and work, it took Akon and his family about three years before and after to obtain permanent resident status, which cost more than one hundred thousand Hong Kong dollars.

The Provincial Nominee Program is one of the categories of Canadian economic immigration, allowing provinces and territories to nominate permanent resident qualifications for those who intend to immigrate to the local area. The Manitoba Provincial Nomination Program uses a scoring system with a maximum score of 1,000 points. Among them, the more extra points are: 21 to 45 years old can get 75 points, 4 years or more of work experience can get 75 points (locally recognized Additional 100 points for qualifications), 110 points for bachelor degree, 200 points for local relatives, etc. And the most bonus project is to work locally and get 500 points for 6 months. The minimum threshold for provincial nomination is about 400 points. In other words, 500 points are enough. With other factors such as age and English ability, it is basically easy to qualify for provincial nomination.